My Answers to Palos Heights Questions
1. What experience do you have in managing and leading teams?
From my Forest Keeper campaign: Since moving to Forest two years ago I have provided statistical services by maintaining the List of Exceptionally Green Nations in Forest, the Greenness Index, the Z-Day and N-Day dispatches, and the government dispatch. Additionally, I have held different potions within the regional government under three different Forest Keepers: Ransium, Mount Seymour, and Palos Heights. Under them at different points I have served as Transition Team Leader, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Minister of Statistics and Research, Minister of Culture, and Ambassador to the Democratic Socialist Assembly (DSA). Outside of Forest I have severed as Minister of Foreign Affairs under former President Ivory Rhodes in the Democratic Socialist Assembly (DSA).
In RL I was Co-President of my schools Gay-Straight Alliance
2. What plans do you have for Forest moving forward?
You can read my campaign for more information about this.
3. Where do you see Forest at the end of your term as Forest Keeper?
Ideally I would like to see Forest as a more open and welcoming region positioned to better fit it’s position as a prominent region in NS.
4. How will you increase regional involvement to include more Forestians aside from the regulars?
This is a tricky question. In Forest and NS, you do have nations which do simply desire to reside in a region and play the game to its simplest extent. Now I would never want to pressure someone to do something they just don’t want to do, but there are always those who would like to get more active but don’t feel comfortable reaching out or all it takes is a kind invitation. As Forest Keeper to extend a hand to those nations I would form a ‘New Nation Mentorship’ program which would help new nations get acclimated to the region and introduce them to new regional opportunities and a special person for them to ask for questions and advice.
5. Why do you want to be Forest Keeper?
I want to be Forest Keeper to serve my region. In a community like Forest and the position which I am in, I feel obligated to serve my region in the best ways that I can. In the past I have constantly questioned my leadership skills feeling that they were underdeveloped and ‘weak’. But now that I’m older and much more mature, I recognize my leadership style and want to use it progress Forest and her member nations.
6. What are your plans for the Minister positions?
I plan to reinstate all Cabinet positions as they were prior to your resignation. However, during a Montmorencian Forest Keepership I would hold my ministers to high standards; I want them to be active, but I want them to enjoy their posts, I want being in government as stress free and rewarding as possible.
7. In the past you have been limited by additional responsibilities and RL time restraints in your capacity to serve in regional government. Recognizing, lauding, and applauding that you place RL>NS, how will you effectively manage your time as Forest Keeper if elected?
At this time in my life I couldn’t be more readily available to be Forest Keeper. I am presently on Summer Break and my weeks now hold a great deal of personal time for NS. My primary commitment outside of NS is my work; work does not dominate my schedule. If I’m elected I would be regularly active with the only interruption in my activity beginning at next election in the Fall.
8. After having worked with you over the past year, I have come to know you as someone who lives with a great deal of passion and fire in their heart. At times, this passion can get the best of you and can lead you to act overzealously in NS affairs. As our Forest Keeper, how would you plan on managing your personal feelings and goals with the duty to follow the wishes and best interests of Forest?
This has always been difficult for me, as NS is tool for venting and relaxing. As Forest Keeper I would use my high energy to ensure greater governance and that more things get done. Hopefully by having a high energy Forest Keeper, the region and government could get greater motivation.