Forest Photo Contest 2022
The year is drawing to a close, and soon we’ll be entering 2023. That means 2019 will be four years ago. NationStates has now lasted more than two decades, quite an impressive feat for an author’s hacked-together text-based brower game on the margins of the internet. It’s all a little hard to process. And worst of all, time doesn’t stop to wait for you to process it! Just when you feel comfortable writing ‘22’ in your dates, you have to switch it up again. Here in Forest, though, we have a bit of a tradition to mark the end of each year, and hopefully give everyone a chance to reflect back on it for at least a moment before diving into the next one. Whether you’ve participated for all the iterations, or this is your first time, we invite you to join in: it’s time for the eighth annual Photo Contest!
Here’s what you need to know:
🌲 We have four categories once again this year:
- Trees (this category is permanent each year)
- Motion (photos portraying movement, action, and dynamicity)
- Sunrise/Sunset (for all your dawns and dusks)
- Humans in Nature (photos presenting human signs or objects set within the vastness of nature: how human presence is subsumed by, blends into, or imitates into the natural world)
🌲 You may submit up to 12 photos total. You may choose how to divide those among the different categories, but please do not submit more than 12.
🌲 Please post your photos in the appropriate thread on our forums (see the categories above for links).
. You may also submit photos via a link to an image hosting site in a telegram to Mount Seymour.
🌲 The photos must be taken by you, but can be taken at any time (not just during the contest).
🌲 Anyone in Forest or in a region which has an embassy with Forest may submit photographs for the contest.
- Submissions will be open from December 1 at 09:00 GMT (4:00am Dec 1 EST) to December 23rd at 23:59 GMT.
- Voting will begin on December 24th at 23:59 GMT and end December 31st at 23:59 GMT, so that we will select the winners in the first minutes of 2023!
🌲 Voting will take place on a Google Form. Needless to say, please no puppeteering!
🌲 The photographers with the top three photographs in each category will have their photos acknowledged on our RMB, on our World Factbook Entry, and potentially in our next foreign update. A banner will also (hopefully) be created with a collage of the top photos to applaud the winners, and participants in the competition will be encouraged to add it as their nation’s custom banner. Forest’s flag will also be changed to the 1st place photos in each category for a week after the Contest.
Now it’s time to head out and start photographing! Good luck to everyone!
Any questions about the Contest should be directed to Mount Seymour.