Good to see so much discussion around this committee!
I'm planning to feed back to the RMB so we can start to get some discussion going on these topics soon. As far as I can see it - and please correct me if I'm wrong - these are the main things to come out of this committee so far:
1) Position of Deputy Forest Keeper - so what would this look like? What would their responsibilities be?
2) A civil service - roles that are apolitical, usually something to do with administration and maintainence.
3) Forest themed job titles.
So my thoughts on these:
1) A deputy Forest Keeper could be really useful to be honest. I wonder if Palos Heights would have even resigned if he'd been able to ask a deputy to step up and take the reins for a couple of weeks. We don't even have to have the Deputy as a regional officer - they could be given official powers as and when needed.
2) I realise there's a cap. Perhaps civil servants could report to one secretary general or a more appropriately titled post - someone who is an officer?
3) Forest themed officer titles - I can come up with a couple - but I reckon what might be best is to post something on the RMB (once we've decided if this is something we want to suggest to Forest) and get people to TG in with suggestions - just a list of officers and a couple of examples. We'll likely get ideas we'd never even thought of.
And lastly: I've TG'd all government folks and people who do stuff with dispatches regarding job roles. It'd be good if we can get an updated list of things that people do - areas of responsibility etc.