Forest Photo Contest 2021
The seventh iteration of something is about the point at which one starts really feeling like it’s been around for a long time. That’s especially true of an event in NationStates, a game where few communities last that long, let alone the traditions they start. When then-Culture Minister Frieden-und Freudenland introduced the first Forest Photo Contest in 2015, they wrote of their hope that it “will one day be referred to as an annual tradition.” Well, here we are, with not just any annual tradition, but perhaps the most widely-known event in Forest’s calendar. So let’s keep that tradition running: it’s time for the seventh annual Photo Contest!
Here’s what you need to know:
🌲 We have four categories once again this year:
- Trees (this category is permanent each year)
- Micro (close-ups, tiny subjects, and other photos that show things bigger than life-size)
- Macro (grand landscapes, wide views, and other large subjects - macro in the sense of “big”, not “close up”, since that’s Micro!)
- Water (photos that display water in any of its forms)
🌲 You may submit up to 12 photos total. You may choose how to divide those among the different categories, but please do not submit more than 12.
🌲 Please post your photos in the appropriate thread on our forums (see the categories above for links).
. You may also submit photos via a link to an image hosting site in a telegram to Mount Seymour.
🌲 The photos must be taken by you, but can be taken at any time (not just during the contest).
🌲 Anyone in Forest or in a region which has an embassy with Forest may submit photographs for the contest.
- Submissions will be open from December 6 at 20:00 GMT (3:00pm Dec 6 EST) to December 23rd at 23:59 GMT.
- Voting will begin on December 24th at 23:59 GMT and end December 31st at 23:59 GMT, so that we will select the winners in the first minutes of 2022!
🌲 Voting will take place on a Google Form. Needless to say, please no puppeteering!
🌲 The photographers with the top three photographs in each category will have their photos acknowledged on our RMB, on our World Factbook Entry, and potentially in our next foreign update. A banner will also be created with a collage of the top photos to applaud the winners, and participants in the competition will be encouraged to add it as their nation’s custom banner. Forest’s flag will also be changed to the 1st place photos in each category for a week after the Contest.
Now it’s time to head out and start photographing! Good luck to everyone!
Any questions about the Contest should be directed to Mount Seymour.