The Rejected Realms - Forest Treaty of Harmony and Friendship
We, the sovereign regions of The Rejected Realms and Forest,
Each recognising the other as an esteemed and distinguished region making, since antiquity, a unique and valued contribution to the wider NationStates community,
Seeking to strengthen, perpetuate and formally recognise our friendship and cultural connections,
Do hereby agree the following:
Article I - Diplomatic relations
1. The signatories will recognise the governments of each region, and any successors established according to domestic legal standards, as the sole legitimate governments of their respective home regions.
2. The signatories will maintain embassies with and have a named ambassador to each other.
3. Each signatory will allow diplomats from the other to deliver updates and communiqués in the form they prefer.
Article II - Security and Interregional Standing
1. The signatories will not engage in activities detrimental to one another's security or likely to cause unjustified harm to one another’s interregional standing.
2. The signatories will share information relevant to one other’s security and stability, or to likely unjustified harm to one other’s interregional standing, provided that doing so does not directly threaten their own security.
Article III - Culture
1. The signatories will allow and encourage each other’s residents to participate in their social activities and cultural events, on or off the NationStates site, subject to their adherence to the rules of the region and of the relevant platform.
2. Shared events, on or off the NationStates site, will be held at least annually, coordinated by the government members responsible for culture or by their nominees.
3. The signatories pledge to communicate with each other about their plans, and to cooperate to the best of their ability, on the occasion of special events hosted by the NationStates site.
Article IV - Mutual Assistance
1. The authorities of either signatory may request reasonable assistance from the other, and this will be given unless:
(a) it is constitutionally prohibited; or
(b) doing so would cause harm to the security or interregional standing of the assisting region.
Article V - Termination
1. Either signatory may terminate this Treaty with a notice on the forum or Regional Message Board of the other region, effective after seven days.