Current Office: President
Previous Offices: Vice President
Bio: Malachi Stevens was elected to the office of Vice President in 2010, serving as the Vice President for Gillian Patariki during her sixth term as President of the Federation. In 2013, she announced that she would not be running for re-election and Stevens was elected President of the Federation. He was re-elected in 2016 and is running this year for a third term. In his personal life, President Stevens enjoys hiking and spending time with his family. He married his husband, Francis, in 2010. The two men have two children together, Jeremiah and Savannah.
- Abortion: I believe that the Federation should not legislate on what women can and cannot do with their bodies if there is no harm to other people or the general public.
- LGBT Rights: The Federation shall not infringe on the rights of any citizens on the basis of their sexual orientation or identity. I believe that the Federation has the duty to maintain the right to marriage, the right to adoption, the right discrimination protections, for LGBT citizens.
- Separation of Church and State: I believe that the time to enforce separation of church and state is now. For far too long, the Federation has been permitted to legislate on affairs that I believe are entirely on the grounds of the religious community to decide and for far too long the religious community has had a public podium here in the capital to speak from. I believe the Church of Kannap should be abolished as the national church and religion and that we should have no national religion and the Church of Kannap should have to change their name and accept moving forward on their own without government support.
- Military Funding: The military is currently in a process of decommissioning assets and therefore causing the budget necessary to operate to decrease. I believe that this is the path that the military should continue to take.
- Elections: I believe that the current push for voter ID laws is not the way to go and that the Federation should not pass nor enforce voter ID laws. I believe elections should be kept as open and fair to all citizens as possible, that includes citizens that don't possess nor have the ability to possess valid forms of identification.
- National ID: I don't believe there is a need to create a national identification card for citizens of the Federation. I believe that people who possess passports or other forms of identification make up the majority of the population and these forms of identification are acceptable nationwide for a wide variety of purposes.
- Environment: I believe that the Federation should continue to pass regulations to curtail climate change. I believe that we should continue to expand upon our current national and state parks and forests. We have managed land conservation very well throughout our history but we can always grow in this area. I believe the Federation should continue to deem fracking illegal within our borders and offshore drilling illegal within our waters. I believe the Federation should increase the budget for subsidies to the renewable energy industry.
- Education: I believe that we've made glorious strides of progress in the area of education reform during my two terms in office. I believe that the Federation should continue in this progression. I believe that religious academies and schools should be deemed illegal and required to close their doors within the Federation. I believe that universities should be free for all students attending and that the Federation should forgive all graduated students with any remaining student loan debt.